If you suffered injuries in a car accident because of someone’s gross negligence behind the wheel, you should consider filing a lawsuit. In Colorado, the statute of limitations allows a case to be filed within 3 years from the date of the accident. Note that this doesn’t apply to car insurance claims – You have to inform the insurer (either yours or party at-fault’s) within a short, but reasonable time. If you want a fair amount in compensation and don’t wish to negotiate with insurance companies, hiring a car accident lawyer Grand Junction is the best thing to do.
‘Do I really need legal help?’
This is often the first question that many victims ask, often assuming that they can handle things with the insurance company easily. However, that’s not how it works. Insurance companies are constantly trying to reduce their blame and liability, and they are not interested in ensuring ‘fair’ compensation rules. To avoid unwanted hassles, working with a car accident lawyer is the best step ahead. You should definitely consider hiring a car accident lawyer, if –
- You have suffered serious injuries
- Your car/property has been damaged extensively
- Fault is not clear
- You don’t know when to inform the insurance company
- The other party is likely to file a lawsuit against you.
Ask the right questions
As a client, you should ask the right questions while looking for a car accident lawyer in Colorado. We have a quick list of questions that are worth asking –
- How long have you been dealing with car accidents in particular?
- How much do you think is this claim worth?
- Do you work on a contingency basis?
- Are you handling the case, or someone else from your office?
- Will you deal with the paperwork, insurance company, and other people involved?
Most cases related car accident claims are settled through negotiation, but it is quite possible for the matter to end up in court. Ensure that you have a car accident lawyer, who knows every possible way in which the case can change, in or against your favor, and they should be ready to offer advice and solutions for specific needs. If needed, ask for references.