A serious car accident can lead to substantial injuries. Every year, millions of auto accidents are reported in the US, many of which also lead to fatalities. If you were injured in an accident that was a result of someone’s negligence behind the wheel, you should consider hiring an attorney to file a claim for compensation. You can either choose to file an insurance claim with the insurance company of the party at fault, or can also pursue a personal injury lawsuit. In Colorado, the statute of limitations allows a period of three years to file the lawsuit, and the deadline is limited to two years for property damage lawsuits. Contacting an experienced Pueblo car accident lawyer can change many things for you. Here’s why you need a lawyer in Colorado.
- Because you don’t want to settle for less. The insurance company of the party at fault may choose to make an offer immediately. Remember that insurance adjusters always want to reduce financial liability, so the offer is always less than what you deserve. Consider hiring an experienced car accident lawyer, who will negotiate on your behalf and ensure that you don’t settle for anything that’s offered.
- Because you need to act quick. The time period of three years may seem like a lot, but your memory wouldn’t get any better with time. If you hire an attorney soon after the accident, they have a better chance of getting evidence and gathering information that will support your lawsuit.
- Because you must know your rights. One of the key reasons why you need a car accident lawyer in Colorado is to know your rights. For instance – Did you know that there is a limit to the amount you can get for noneconomic damages?? Your lawyer will also explain all other things that matter for your case.
- Because consultation is free. Yes, that’s right. Most law firms will be happy to offer free consultation for your car accident claim. They will ensure that you get the advice and help that will reduce your stress.
- Because a car accident lawyer doesn’t have to be expensive. Today, most attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means that they will only ask for their fee (usually a part of the compensation), if they win a settlement for you.
A good attorney in Colorado can fight for your claim, and if needed, they may take the matter to court, as well.