Immediately after a car accident in Salem, it can be hard to think straight. The first obvious step is to call 911, if someone is injured. The next step is to call the local police. You have to report the accident. Following all the chaos at the accident site, you must call your insurer and let them know of the accident. If the other driver was at fault, you must inform their insurer within a reasonable time. So, do you need legal counsel for the case? In this post, we are sharing 5 reasons to hire a Salem Oregon personal injury lawyer.
- Get advantage of expertise. Most car accidents are complicated, with multiple vehicles and people involved. Hiring an attorney is more about having experience on your side and avoid mistakes that can cost huge. Your lawyer is your biggest asset for getting a fair compensation for your losses and injuries.
- Keep up with procedures. You need to file the car accident claim within a reasonable time. Also, you are required to file the Oregon Traffic Accident and Insurance Report within a period of 72 hours, from the accident time. This is necessary for all accidents that caused property damage worth $2,500 or more, or involved injuries or death. When you hire a car accident lawyer, you won’t be missing out on anything.
- Deal better with the insurance company. Your lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company of the at-fault driver. Claims adjusters have their ways of minimizing what they pay for claims, and without an attorney, you are really on your own. Lawyers can see through bad faith insurance tactics and guard your rights and interests.
- When you have a share in fault. Oregon follows the modified comparative negligence rule. This means that if you had a share in fault, your eventual settlement will be reduced by your fault percentage. When your share of fault is more than the other driver, you cannot recover anything at all. One of the key reasons to hire an attorney is to defend yourself in the case.
- When you have suffered serious losses. If you have sustained serious losses after a car accident, your eventual settlement is likely to be higher. You need an attorney, to ensure that you don’t miss out on what you deserve.
Check online now for best-rated car accident lawyers in Salem and ask for a meeting to know more.